When your goal is to be a licenced domestic builder in Victoria, Australia, you need a full understanding of certain skills and procedures in various areas of construction. Only through proving your knowledge and skills, and filing the proper paperwork, will you succeed in earning the right to be a registered, licenced builder in Victoria. As part of our ongoing effort to help you obtain this licence, we provide you with necessary information about the component of carpentry in the following details.
As a component of the domestic building work that is in the limited category, carpentry work is only for houses and related class-10 structures. It includes preparing the site for clear access by removing all impediments and performing other preparations pertinent to this task. In addition, it involves the repair, renovation, alteration and construction of houses along with carports, decks, pergolas, verandahs, decks or other similar domestic structures.
Activities That Carpentry Includes for a Domestic Builder Licence
The work includes activities within these components of Domestic Builder work:
- Framing of all types of approved structures
- Renovating the kitchen, bathroom or laundry areas
- The building of non-habitable structures
- Wall cladding
- Construction of property fences and gates
- Replacement or installation of windows and doors
- Joinery, stair making and cabinet making
- Attaching of any necessary external fixtures
Necessary Experience for Carpentry
On top of all the other experience required for a person licenced as a domestic builder to perform a variety of types of domestic building work, you must know how to arrange, manage or perform the following tasks in a professional and competent way to perform carpentry:
- Dismantling, altering and constructing formwork for ramps and stairs
- Fixing strip flooring
- Dismantling, altering and erecting the formwork for walls, beams, columns and suspended slabs
For further information about this topic or other facts pertinent to obtaining your Builders Licence here in Victoria, Australia, contact Builder Licence Made Easy. We fully understand the licencing process since all of us are registered domestic builders in our own right. Our company provides an entire system of help aids to ensure that you understand the testing process, skills and knowledge that are necessary to obtain your licence.