Builders Licence Made Easy Terms & Conditions
By clicking on the "purchase", you agree to these terms by us Builders Licence Made Easy (BLME). If you do not agree to these terms, we shall not sell Training Materials or Documentation and you must discontinue the purchasing process now.
Purchasing training materials
All content is sold on the basis that it is used exclusively by the original purchaser.
No part of any BLME materials may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise without prior written permission of Builders Licence Made Easy. For example, taking copies of the information for distribution to others would be deemed to be a contravention of copyright regulations unless prior permission is obtained from Builders Licence Made Easy.
We reserve the right to take action against any person who contravenes our copyright.
Returns/ Refunds and Exchange Policy
When purchasing, your choice of the appropriate product/s should be made carefully. Simply changing your mind is not grounds for an automatic refund. Circumstances that warrant the refund of goods/services/packs are
- If the product is significantly different to that of the description of the product
- If the product is faulty
By purchasing the Application Form Preparation products indicates that you are ready to pursue your Builders Licence application. All Application Form Preparation purchased must be completed within 12 months of purchase. No refunds or exchanges will be granted.
We make all attempts to present our products as accurately as possible on our website. Please contact our Team if you have received an item that has not been correctly described. In such an event we will rectify the situation by providing the original ordered product in return for the incorrectly received product.
Question & Answer Online Tests 8-month membership (Q&A Tests)
- When purchasing the (Q&A Tests) as a standalone product, or part of any other product package or program the membership term is 8 months
- Further online access and usage will only be available upon renewal payment of an 8-month period
100% Money Back Guarantee on Q&A Online Test package
BLME guarantees a full refund to the original purchaser at the RRP of the Q&A Tests at the time of purchase subject to the following conditions:
The purchaser must complete each of the 10 tests a minimum of 20 times before sitting the examination at the Victorian Building Authority (VBA)
- Confirmation of failure to pass the online component of the examination at the VBA must be in writing from the VBA
- This offer applies to the Q&A Tests Online and is not applicable to any other product package or offers by Builders Licence Made Easy
- Any participation in this service/package will constitute acceptance of this agreement
Disruption of Online services
We make every effort to minimise any problems that may occur to avoid disruptions to this website. We will not be liable to you for any direct, incidental, consequential or similar damages arising where access may be unavailable, delayed, limited or slowed due to hardware failure (including but not limited to servers, networks, telecommunications), viruses, computer equipment, software failure (configuration matters, bugs, errors, virus), damage caused by natural disasters, interruptions (power supplies or utilities restrictions), governmental or regulatory restrictions and unavailability may be the result of defects in the website software, scheduled or emergency maintenance procedures, or failures of third party service providers.
In the event access to our website is unavailable, delayed or limited, or if this website does not operate or you may be unable to access your Question & Answer membership, BLME does not accept responsibility for any loss or damage, however caused, which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of the website nor do we accept any responsibility arising from interruptions or inability to use the website or any portion thereof.
Builders Licence Made Easy (BLME) provides training services to assist Participants to prepare and apply for Builder Registration in Victoria.
- Training may be delivered using a combination of one or more delivery methods:
- Venue - face to face instructor lead where participants will attend a location determined by BLME, or
- Online - face to face instructor lead using live online video conferencing tools
- Participants may wish to attend training events offered at a venue or online to be determined by BLME
- By booking, payment and/or attending BLME training you agree to our “Terms and Conditions of Group Training Courses”
- Trainers are not necessarily employees of BLME and that at its sole discretion, BLME may procure the services of third parties to provide any part of or all of the Training
Changes to Training Courses
- We reserve the right to cancel any course that does not meet the minimum enrolment numbers or in the event of exceptional circumstances however this will not be less than 7 business days prior to the training date
- While all efforts are made to ensure training courses go ahead as scheduled, BLME reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training courses
- We reserve the right to change, alter the dates, trainers, program, venues or delivery methods from that described
- We reserve the right in our absolute discretion and without further liability to cancel the program, in which case you may choose a full refund or transfer to the same course on another date
- Regardless of the reason for course cancellation, BLME will not be responsible for consequential costs, loss of potential income or any travel-related expenditure resulting from training course rescheduling or cancellation and no claims for compensation will be accepted other than the refund of the course fee
Please note that we reserve the right to change the course content of any Training Course at any time and without notice.
- Course payment is due prior to the commencement date unless prior arrangements have been made
- Full payment is required 7 days prior to the commencement date of your training course
- BLME reserves the right to refuse admittance to any person who has not fully paid prior to attending the selected training course
- All fees and charges are payable via the online payment facility on the BLME website
- Non-payment of monies owing may result in cancellation of enrolment or other penalties and recovery of the outstanding amount through debt collection
- Completed payment acts as confirmation that you accept and commit to attending the training course
Cancellation and Refunds
We have a strict refund policy on all our courses. All course cancellations must be in writing (notice of cancellation) emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to apply cancellation charges. These cancellation charges will be based on the period of notice that you provide to BLME as per the following:
- Cancellations made prior to 28 days or more in adance of the Training Course will receive a 100% refund
- Cancellations made within 14 days will receive a 50% refund
- Cancellations made within 7 days will not receive a refund
BLME classes are designed to offer personalised training with limited seating and small group training and may Training Programs sell out. If you want to change your class commencement date, BLME request that you notify us at least 14 days before your scheduled Class. This will allow us to offer your spot to another student. Please email us with your request to change date and your preferred class date to email@example.com
If you do not advise us of your need to change your commencement date within the 14 day period, BLME reserves the right to charge you an administration fee of $550 to arrange an alternative class date.
Please note: BLME do not offer refunds once you have committed to a course date as accepted by you unless it is within the above Cancellation policy.
In the case where you do not cancel and fail to attend the training course you will still be responsible for full payment. BLME will not be liable or responsible for any additional or "make-up" classes in the case where you fail to attend one of your scheduled class dates. We reserve the right to charge you for a minimum of 2 hours for one-on-one coaching via Zoom to deliver the class information for which you did not attend unless prior arrangements have been made.
BLME accepts no responsibility or liability which results in any loss, damage, delay or injury to you through attending an online, ono-on-one coaching or face to face group training course.
BLME accepts no responsibility for damages, or loss caused to you in connection with COVID-19 pandemic, terrorist activities, social or labour unrest, mechanical or computer failures or difficulties, diseases, local laws, criminal acts or abnormal conditions or developments, or any other actions, omissions, or conditions outside of BLME's control.
BLME accepts no responsibility for any interference, loss, damage or disruption to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this website or any linked website or any downloads provided. We cannot guarantee that any material provided in downloads in complete, current, reliable, free from error and virus contamination or whether the download has been corrupted or tainted by viruses. You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ to obtain access to this website and any downloads provided to you by BLME does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system.
All rights reserved
- BLME has made a considerable investment in its intellectual property (IP) which includes its learner guides, workbooks, overhead slides, website content, course guides and other material
- Neither the course material of any of our training courses nor any part of it may be copied or reproduced in any form or by any means, or translated into another language, without the prior written consent of BLME
- No other organisation may use our training material or any part of this material during any form of training courses, seminars, workshops or other types of education and presentation without prior written consent from BLME
- When you are given access to the learning information, you are granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable licence to use the materials and is sold on the basis that it is used exclusively by you
- No BLME content may be copied, reproduced, uploaded, posted, displayed or linked to in any way, in whole or in part, without BLME prior permission. Any such use is strictly prohibited and will constitute an infringement of intellectual property rights.
- You are prohibited from using our website, the information and our training and its content in any way that competes with Builders Licence Made Easy.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be required to sign a Non – Disclosure & Intellectual Property Agreement prior to your commencement of the training.
- Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in the training courses our website and in any proposal or marketing material provided by us to you
- We accept no liability to any person or entity with respect to any inaccuracy, misleading information, loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by the information contained in the material
- No Warranties are Expressed or Implied: Every care is taken in the provision of all (BLME) services
- The purchase of (BLME) services does not imply or express a warranty that the services provided are relevant to the specific needs of the client.
- Participants are responsible for ensuring the services are appropriate for their requirements and course prerequisites have been met, prior to attending a training course
- All prices and training courses are subject to change without notice.
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by events outside our reasonable control
- The information presented in all our information is intended to provide general information in summary form. The contents do not constitute specific advice and should not be relied upon as such. Formal specific advice should be sought by users with respect to particular matters before taking action
- Before relying on the material in any important matter, users should carefully evaluate its accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance for their purposes, and should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to their particular circumstances
- Although the information presented in this resource is accurate to the best of their knowledge, the authors cannot guarantee that every statement is without flaw of any kind
- The information presented cannot by itself provide all of the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to demonstrate competency. There are a number of factors over which we have no control, including but not limited to your financial condition, talent, skills, level of effort, motivation, past experience and education, and changes within the process
- There is no assurance that any prior success or past results regarding the use of services and/or products on this website may be an indication of your future success or results
- In some cases the material may incorporate or summarise views, guidelines or recommendations of third parties. Such material is assembled in good faith but does not necessarily reflect the considered views of the Author, or indicate a commitment to a particular course of action
- The authors disclaim all liability for any errors, or for any loss or other consequences resulting from any individual relying on, or acting upon, any information provided in this resource
- For the foregoing reasons, you agree that we are not responsible for any decision you may make regarding any information presented on this website or any of the services and/or products presented on this website
Builder Licence Made Easy reserves the right to modify terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online, so please read these terms and conditions whenever you log in. Changes and additions to the information contained on the Builders Licence Made Easy website and Training Services are made frequently
© State of Victoria, Australia
Copyright in all legislation of the Parliament of the State of Victoria, Australia, is owned by the Crown in right of the State of Victoria, Australia.
This product or service contains an unofficial version of the legislation of the Parliament of State of Victoria. The State of Victoria accepts no responsibility for the accuracy and completeness of any legislation contained in this product or provided through this service.
© Builders Licence Made Easy 2020. All Rights Reserved.