In the last few months the Domestic building sector in Victoria has experienced some of the most difficult times in decades.
While some builders have plenty of work for now others have already seen their work dry up and many customers who were ready to sign contracts have pulled out due to uncertainty of the current situation.
Victorian builders have seen the number of contracts fall in the past few weeks as job losses and economic uncertainty from the corona-virus crisis take a firmer hold on domestic builders.
Sales in some areas have dropped by as much as 40 per cent and new building starts are already down dramatically on previous years. Building approvals have started to fall for residential homes so builds aren’t starting at the same numbers that we’d expect to see in Victoria.
There are many Registered Builders in Victoria who are yet experience any of this slowdown because their continuing to work on homes already under construction. That’s the thing about our work, when someone buys a house then we have work for six to 12 months. So many who have a job now or are employed or subbie under a builder are working (now) …. but what about the next six months, what then?
We are extremely fortunate to be working in this industry as the federal and state governments have continued to call building and construction as an essential service……
BUT what happens if building approvals fall over the next few months? What happens to you if you’re a subbie, site manager or you currently work under a builder who doesn’t have enough work for you because of the economic downturn caused by COVID-19?
Get Your Builders Licence in Victoria
In the last few months (since COVID restrictions in March) we have doubled the amount of people we are assisting in getting their Licence in Victoria. We can see firsthand why it has never been more important to get your Registration!
With talk of 40 percent slump in recent weeks, job losses, unemployment rising, weaker economy and mortgage stress the extent of the impact of the last few months remains uncertain BUT A BUILDERS LICENCE WILL GIVE YOU SOME CERTAINTY.
5 Reasons Why A Builders Licence will Help you in the Current Climate
- If the builders you work for don’t have enough work for you OR you find that you’re out of work then you can do your own work or your own projects with your Licence.
- In Victoria you must have a Licence if you want to carry out work as a Sole Trader or a Company.
- It is an offence to enter into a contract or do building work if you’re not a Registered Builder
- As a Domestic Builder Unlimited (DB-U) you can take on renovation, construction, maintenance, and improvement projects of a home, as well as build single homes and multi-unit sites
- As a Domestic Builder with a Limited Licence (DB-L) you can carry work out manage or arrange the carrying out of certain types of domestic building work, limited to your Builder License. Some of the most popular Victorian Building Authority (VBA) Licences we deal with are DB-L Licence for Bathrooms, Kitchens and Laundries Renovations, DB-L Licence for Swimming Pools, DB-L Licence Limited to the Construction of Structural Landscaping, Domestic Builder Limited to Construction of Retaining Walls and DB-L Licence for Construction of Non-habitable Building Structures.
Training by Builders for Builders
Let’s face it…. the next couple of months are going to be interesting for Building and Construction in Victoria. There will be a lot of issues to tackle and challenges to overcome. That’s why the one thing you can do to ensure that you have the flexibility to do your own work is GET YOUR OWN BUILDERS LICENCE!
Next step is contact us to get the most efficient and effective training on our Builder Registration Course. Get the License YOU want ….to do the work you want to do. NO CERTIFICATE IV & NO DIPLOMA required.
Call us 0488 27 88 99 for the support to get your Builders Registration the first time at the VBA!